Thursday, April 23, 2009

Don't Hate the Player, Hate the Game

You know those guys who go out, act slutty, and are generally total skeezes? Of course you do. They're in every bar, every grocery store checkout line, and every college class ever. They also have a fun saying whenever they get caught being man-sluts: "Don't hate the player. Hate the game."

The fun thing is, it's not the game that is causing the problems. What game are we playing anyway? The dating game, the who can be a bigger idiot game, Monopoly? What?

The dating game is not fun for anyone. I, for one, would like to play a game I have a chance at winning. However, there is still no excuse for the generally tasteless behavior that is regularly seen flaunted about by some of the more classless guys out there.

"Don't hate the player. Hate the game." It's hard to hate the game. You see, Monopoly has never built a row of hotels leading to Boardwalk. Sorry has never bumped me back to start and forced me to start over again. Clue never guessed the murderer, weapon, and location before I could even though I had the right answer and was too far away to make it to the room in time.

It wasn't the game that did any of it. It was the player. So, Mister Hate-The-Game-Not-Me-I'm-Totally-Innocent, I will hate you. Not the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment